READING THE BOOK?
Here are some helpful hints to make planning even easier.
Can’t do all 20 days at once?
You don’t NEED to do all 20 days at once- this is something you can do your whole life! Remember this is gathering data. The more data you have, the healthier and leaner you are.
If you can get through the first six days THAT would be incredible. You’ll reduce inflammation and gather some really important info that can inform you every day decisions!
After that try to take 2-3 days a week to “plan’. Want to concentrate on testing? Use the even numbers after day 6 to test the foods you love- days 8 bread,10 a new protein, 12 a new vegetable etc.
Want to lose inflammation, let your body heal (and oh yes lose weight too!)? Great, stay with the odd numbered days after day 6 and you’ll start to get healthier and leaner- you would use days 7,9,11 etc.
- For quick and easy food prep for days 1-3 in 75 min – please click here
- Understanding detox symptoms (days 1-3) and how to best manage them – please click here
- To access our updated and delicious Fall menus days 1-20, 2013, download them here: fall menu, vegetarian fall menu, vegan fall menu, celiac fall menu, men’s fall menu, dairy free fall menu & pescetarian fall menu. All of the menus are thyroid friendly. Please note to read the entire book first before downloading your Plan.
- Our Spring menus are still available: Spring menus days 1-20, 2013 (should only be used if temperature is 75 degrees or more for 2 weeks straight) All of the menus are thyroid friendly: spring menu, vegetarian menu, vegan menu, celiac menu, men’s menu, dairy free menu & pescetarian menu - please note to read the entire book first before downloading your Plan.
- Download our Spring shopping list by clicking here or the Spring Vegetarian/Pescetarian shopping list by clicking here. View the Fall/Winter shopping list by clicking here.
- Please download your weight loss sheet- keep on your computer in your Plan folder! Click here for weight loss sheet. (MS Word document)
- For our readers that have thyroid dysfunction- please note that our thyroid friendly menus have been developed by working with thousands of hypo and hyperthyroid clients. Cooking will deactivate the goitrogens in kale and broccoli. Just because a food is a goitrogen does not necessarily mean it will be goitrogenic for YOU, there is just a higher chance of it so test these foods as you would any other. Pay attention to your weight and your bbt the next day.
- A STELLAR source of protein and minerals is hemp seeds. They have a taste like cheese, a texture like couscous and are amazng for weight loss and health. You can order hemp and chia seeds online from Amazon, a brand we love is Nutiva.
- Please do NOT have soup at dinner, it causes weight stabilization.
Day 8 Info:
- If you pass grain test on day 5 you can sub testing a new cereal on day 8 instead of bread.
- If you want a new breakfast and would like to test bread you can switch the bread test to breakfast. Toast bread and have it with 1-2 tbsp raw almond butter and a half piece of approved fruit. Switch lunch to cream of broccoli soup and a salad with avocado, carrots and pumpkin seeds